Mary Queen of Castile (Segovia, 1401- Valencia, 1458), wife of Alfonso V the Magnanimous, had great predilection for the Poor Clares and often withdrew from his youth among whites Tordesillas, attracted by the simplicity and sweetness of Franciscan spirituality, now wanted to do well here in Valencia.
So he got Trinidadians abandon their convent and by means of two bulls of Pope Eugene IV, given in 1444 and 1445, the suppression of the Trinitarian community and the establishment of another of Poor Clares, from the convent of Santa Clara of Gandia.
From the beginning the queen became apparent the high esteem he felt for these nuns, to which he lavished gifts and privileges, closely linking this new foundation to the royal house. He obtained for superior range abbess right to use the crozier and the nobility and the Valencian institutions, including the other convents of the city, contribute to the financing of the works to complete the triune building and install decorously to nuns, were undertaken immediately.
Queen also sought construction of a series of independent departments, but inside the enclosure, where he could retire between the nuns with their accompaniment whenever he felt like it. At his death, the queen was buried in the monastery, in a splendid Gothic tomb finely wrought rose at an angle of the cloister.